At Oak Farm Junior School we intend to promote British values, at every level, through a range of enquiry-led activities across the whole curriculum and as a running theme in all aspects of school life.
We aim for our children to leave our school with:
- An understanding of the potential influence they can have on decision-making through the democratic process.
- An appreciation that living in a country with laws provides them with guidance and is essential for their well-being and safety.
- An understanding that everyone (inclusive of the police and the army) can be held accountable through parliament and that the ‘judiciary system’ in Britain relies on accountability and justice.
- An understanding that everyone in Britain is entitled to the freedom to choose and hold other faiths and beliefs; as protected by law.
- An acceptance that we should tolerate and appreciate other people having different faiths and beliefs to oneself; that we should not partake in prejudicial or discriminatory behaviour.
- An understanding of the importance of identifying and combating discrimination.