- An understanding of the potential influence they can have on decision-making through the democratic process.
- An appreciation that living in a country with laws provides them with guidance and is essential for their well-being and safety.
- An understanding that everyone (inclusive of the police and the army) can be held accountable through parliament and that the ‘judiciary system’ in Britain relies on accountability and justice.
- An understanding that everyone in Britain is entitled to the freedom to choose and hold other faiths and beliefs; as protected by law.
- An acceptance that we should tolerate and appreciate other people having different faiths and beliefs to oneself; that we should not partake in prejudicial or discriminatory behaviour.
- An understanding of the importance of identifying and combating discrimination.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, several of our usual practices have been placed 'on hold'.
Please see the attached 'Promoting British Values' or the SMSC report for 2020, for details of how we are currently supporting and aiding our children in understanding and demonstrating these values.